Monday, February 16, 2009

Octuplets Mother & family

When this story first broke into the news I have to regretfully admit that I was very harsh and judgemental in my opinions of the situation. Now that more time has gone by I have stepped back and been reminded of my personal faith. God DOES NOT make mistakes and EVERY baby is created for a reason. Eggs don't accidentally split and pregnancies aren't magically carried to viability. God has his hand and purpose in every life that he brings. It came to me today in prayer, yes I was praying for all those babies (the new ones and older siblings) that I'm not meant to understand all of his ways, he knows what he is doing and that is all that matters. I am now inspired and excited to see what God has planned for each of those babies and also intrigued to see how God puts people in their lives to help them morally, religiously, and financially grow to their fullest capabilities. Just as the Jews looked down on Mary our society is looking down on this mother, no I'm not implying that she is a chosen mother of the son of God or should be held up religiously, my point is that they couldn't comprehend the weight of the destiny that baby Jesus was about to fulfill just as we can not see into each of these children's future paths. It is our job as society to help this mother pull herself up and guide this 14 souls into salvation and to do Gods will and work. Just think what all those minds and hands could do in the name of God if giving the right tools and knowledge to grow as believers and doers... So this is my challenge to all of my Friends and family in faith, pray for them... pray for them often, that God is at a steady work carving away and molding them into amazing guiding lights to do his very will.

**The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.(Isaiah 11:6)

1 comment:

  1. I agree with all that!! God does not make mistakes and does have a plan and purpose, even when we can't see the bigger picture! :) As in a book I was reading he sees things in this world as a stain glass window.. many colors and shapes :)
    I encourage the prayers and trust in God's guidance and wisdom in this and all of our ways!

    Jer 29:11-14
    For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
    NIV

    ReplyDelete